Tiger missing from Ramgarh sanctuary
Bundi (Raj): A tiger has been missing from the Ramgarh wildlife sanctuary since the past week, forest department officials said today.
The tiger who was moved from Ranthambore tiger reserve to the forests of Talwas in Ramgarh sanctuary, in August last year has been missing since the past week, the officials said.
"No activity or movement has been recorded of the tiger since February 26 and teams have been deployed to the trace the missing tiger," Rakesh Sharma, District Forest Officer (DFO), Kota said.
Tiger may have disappeared in the deep forests due to change in climate in recent days, he added.
However, a wildlife activist Vittal Sanadhaya said that every tiger has its route chart and it gets back to its destination on the same.
"So the tiger might have returned to Ranthambore Tiger Reserve as per its route chart," Sanadhaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP