Tiger missing from Ramgarh sanctuary
Bundi (Raj): A tiger has been missing from the Ramgarh wildlife sanctuary since the past week, forest department officials said today.
The tiger who was moved from Ranthambore tiger reserve to the forests of Talwas in Ramgarh sanctuary, in August last year has been missing since the past week, the officials said.
"No activity or movement has been recorded of the tiger since February 26 and teams have been deployed to the trace the missing tiger," Rakesh Sharma, District Forest Officer (DFO), Kota said.
Tiger may have disappeared in the deep forests due to change in climate in recent days, he added.
However, a wildlife activist Vittal Sanadhaya said that every tiger has its route chart and it gets back to its destination on the same.
"So the tiger might have returned to Ranthambore Tiger Reserve as per its route chart," Sanadhaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him