Tiger population increases in Sathyamangalam reserve forests
Erode: Population of tigers in Sathyamangalam reserve forest areas in the district has risen to 25 in 2012 as against 18 last year, a census by forest officials stated.
"According to recent wildlife census, there are 25 tigers inside the Sathyamangalam reserve forest areas", District Forest Officer N Sathish told PTI here.
A large number of wild animals were noticed in Thengumarahatta in the forests as the Moyar River was flowing in the area and water would be available throughout the year, he said.
The Centre had declared Sathyamangalam forest area as Tiger Reserve, he said.
He cautioned drivers of vehicles crossing Thengumarahatta road as movement of wild animals was high in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?