Tiger population increases in Sathyamangalam reserve forests
Erode: Population of tigers in Sathyamangalam reserve forest areas in the district has risen to 25 in 2012 as against 18 last year, a census by forest officials stated.
"According to recent wildlife census, there are 25 tigers inside the Sathyamangalam reserve forest areas", District Forest Officer N Sathish told PTI here.
A large number of wild animals were noticed in Thengumarahatta in the forests as the Moyar River was flowing in the area and water would be available throughout the year, he said.
The Centre had declared Sathyamangalam forest area as Tiger Reserve, he said.
He cautioned drivers of vehicles crossing Thengumarahatta road as movement of wild animals was high in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani