Tigress gives birth to three cubs in Panna Reserve
Panna: In good news for Tiger conservationists, a tigress in Panna Reserve, where the feline population had disappeared a few years back, has given birth to three cubs.
"The tigress T-1 was spotted by the reserve officials with three cubs recently in the wild," Panna Tiger Reserve Director, R Sriniwas Murthy told reporters.
T-1 was brought to Panna last year from the Kanha Tiger Reserve as part of reviving the tiger population in the reserve which had lost all its tigers allegedly due to poaching few years back.
The official also provided the video of the newborn cubs along with their mother.
With the arrival of three new cubs, the total number of tigers including cubs has now gone up to 16 in the Panna Tiger Reserve, Murthy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New study to explore sexual differences in social stress
- Barcelona starlet Alen Halilovic leaves club to join Bundesliga side Hamburg
- I-T dept detects Rs 22K crore undisclosed income in 2 years: FM Jaitley
- Hair-raising video: Pitbull goes wild, attacks people on a busy Chinese street - Must watch
- Apple to open first Apple Store in Taiwan