Tigress leaves experts on wild goose chase
Kota (Raj): Attempts to relocate a tigress from forest areas of Hadouti to Sariska national park has become quite an arduous task for wildlife experts.
A wildlife team comprising experts from Deharadun-based Wild Life Institute and Sariska Wild Life Sanctuary have been trying to tranquilise the big cat for a while but the it has managed to elude them every time.
The tigress, named T 35, was last visible yesterday for five minutes in the forest of Kachnavada but sensing the forest team, she disappeared into the thick jungle before it could be tranquilised.
The forest team are now alert at Nagada forests in Baran district, where the animal is reportedly at the prowl.
"Tigress T 35 has not yet been tranquilised but efforts are on. Her footprints were found on the slopes of Kaalisindh river from where it is likely to have moved to forests of Nagada," Sultanpur Forest Ranger Rambabu Sharma said.
Rajasthan Wild Life Board member Rajpal Singh said the tigress was not safe and protected in Hadouti forest.
However, another wildlife expert Vittla Sannadhaya opined that the tigress should be provided with a male companion instead of being relocated.
"Hadouti had been a preferable habitat of lion, tiger and panther but the present wild life machinery is doing nothing to develop the area as home of wild animals," he said.
The tigress has reportedly killed several cattle in the region in the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical