Tigress leaves experts on wild goose chase
Kota (Raj): Attempts to relocate a tigress from forest areas of Hadouti to Sariska national park has become quite an arduous task for wildlife experts.
A wildlife team comprising experts from Deharadun-based Wild Life Institute and Sariska Wild Life Sanctuary have been trying to tranquilise the big cat for a while but the it has managed to elude them every time.
The tigress, named T 35, was last visible yesterday for five minutes in the forest of Kachnavada but sensing the forest team, she disappeared into the thick jungle before it could be tranquilised.
The forest team are now alert at Nagada forests in Baran district, where the animal is reportedly at the prowl.
"Tigress T 35 has not yet been tranquilised but efforts are on. Her footprints were found on the slopes of Kaalisindh river from where it is likely to have moved to forests of Nagada," Sultanpur Forest Ranger Rambabu Sharma said.
Rajasthan Wild Life Board member Rajpal Singh said the tigress was not safe and protected in Hadouti forest.
However, another wildlife expert Vittla Sannadhaya opined that the tigress should be provided with a male companion instead of being relocated.
"Hadouti had been a preferable habitat of lion, tiger and panther but the present wild life machinery is doing nothing to develop the area as home of wild animals," he said.
The tigress has reportedly killed several cattle in the region in the past few months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!