TN tribals oppose formation of Tiger Reserve
Erode: More than 4000 tribals staged a demonstration before the bus stand in the town, opposing the government`s proposal to form a Tiger Reserve project in Sathyamangalam forest area.
Bhavanisagar MLA Mr L. Sundaram led the demonstration.
The Tamil Nadu Government had decided to start the Tiger Reserve project over 1,40,924 hectares of forest land in Sathyamangalam forest.
The tribals living in the forest area opposed it but were assured by Forest Minister K T Pachamal during a recent visited the forest area assured the tribal people that none would be evicted from the area when the Project is started.
However the tribals still harbour fears and so went ahead with their demonstration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note