TN tribals oppose formation of Tiger Reserve
Erode: More than 4000 tribals staged a demonstration before the bus stand in the town, opposing the government`s proposal to form a Tiger Reserve project in Sathyamangalam forest area.
Bhavanisagar MLA Mr L. Sundaram led the demonstration.
The Tamil Nadu Government had decided to start the Tiger Reserve project over 1,40,924 hectares of forest land in Sathyamangalam forest.
The tribals living in the forest area opposed it but were assured by Forest Minister K T Pachamal during a recent visited the forest area assured the tribal people that none would be evicted from the area when the Project is started.
However the tribals still harbour fears and so went ahead with their demonstration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!
- 'Madaari' movie review: Irrfan Khan displays brilliance in this thought provoking tale
- Thai cops question UK journalist`s wife over `royal insult`