TN tribals oppose formation of Tiger Reserve
Erode: More than 4000 tribals staged a demonstration before the bus stand in the town, opposing the government`s proposal to form a Tiger Reserve project in Sathyamangalam forest area.
Bhavanisagar MLA Mr L. Sundaram led the demonstration.
The Tamil Nadu Government had decided to start the Tiger Reserve project over 1,40,924 hectares of forest land in Sathyamangalam forest.
The tribals living in the forest area opposed it but were assured by Forest Minister K T Pachamal during a recent visited the forest area assured the tribal people that none would be evicted from the area when the Project is started.
However the tribals still harbour fears and so went ahead with their demonstration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur