Two more tigers to be shifted to Sariska
Jaipur: Two more tigers would be shifted
from Ranthambhore National Park to Sariska sanctuary in
Alwar district as soon as they are located, Rajasthan Assembly
was informed Friday.
Replying to a question, State Forest and Environment
Minister Ramlal Jat said a helicopter would be used to locate
two tigers T-37 and T-47 which had strayed from RNP range and
were roaming in adjoining districts of Karauli and Bharatpur
So far two tigresses and one tiger were shifted from
RNP to Sariska, and two more would be shifted as soon these
were located, he said.
The tiger population had disappeared in Sariska in
BJP MLA Gajendrasingh Kheenvsar alleged that the
tigers were not shifted due to pressure from NGOs and tourism
lobbies, which drew a sharp response from Congress members.
To a question on water shortage in Keoladev National
Park of Bharatpur raised by BJP MLA Digamber Singh, the
minister said the central government has approved a project
worth Rs.53.80 crore to lay pipeline, but the first tender to
this effect was dropped due to technical reasons.
No one was responsible for this delay to provide
water to KNP in Ghana through pipelines, the minister said.
On land allocation to tribals in the state, Chief
Minister Asok Gehlot assured them that no tribal would be
deprived of his rights, and if any tribal makes any complaint
against the government order, it would be examined.
Earlier, Cooperative Minister Parsadi Lal Meena told
the house that out of 59,900 claims of tribals, altogether
28,719 were cancelled by the Tribal Welfare Authority and
endorsed by the concerned district collectors.
The Opposition BJP MLAs G S Tiwari and G C Katari
demanded that the cancelled claims be re-examined in favour of
tribals who possessed land after 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand