Two new tiger reserves in Maharashtra
Nagpur: The Nagzira-Navegaon and Bor forests
from Vidarbha in Maharashtra would be given the status of
tiger reserves, Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said.
With this, the number of tiger reserves in the state
would goes up to six. The other tiger reserves being Pench,
Taloba and Melghat all in Vidarbha as well as one in Sahyadhri
in Western Maharashtra.
The two new tiger reserves are located near Nagpur and
the city may soon get to be known as tiger capital of the
world as no other city anywhere which has an airport boasts of
so many notified tiger parks in close proximity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal