Two new tiger reserves in Maharashtra
Nagpur: The Nagzira-Navegaon and Bor forests
from Vidarbha in Maharashtra would be given the status of
tiger reserves, Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said.
With this, the number of tiger reserves in the state
would goes up to six. The other tiger reserves being Pench,
Taloba and Melghat all in Vidarbha as well as one in Sahyadhri
in Western Maharashtra.
The two new tiger reserves are located near Nagpur and
the city may soon get to be known as tiger capital of the
world as no other city anywhere which has an airport boasts of
so many notified tiger parks in close proximity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'