Two new tiger reserves in Maharashtra
Nagpur: The Nagzira-Navegaon and Bor forests
from Vidarbha in Maharashtra would be given the status of
tiger reserves, Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said.
With this, the number of tiger reserves in the state
would goes up to six. The other tiger reserves being Pench,
Taloba and Melghat all in Vidarbha as well as one in Sahyadhri
in Western Maharashtra.
The two new tiger reserves are located near Nagpur and
the city may soon get to be known as tiger capital of the
world as no other city anywhere which has an airport boasts of
so many notified tiger parks in close proximity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion