Two new tiger reserves in Maharashtra
Nagpur: The Nagzira-Navegaon and Bor forests
from Vidarbha in Maharashtra would be given the status of
tiger reserves, Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said.
With this, the number of tiger reserves in the state
would goes up to six. The other tiger reserves being Pench,
Taloba and Melghat all in Vidarbha as well as one in Sahyadhri
in Western Maharashtra.
The two new tiger reserves are located near Nagpur and
the city may soon get to be known as tiger capital of the
world as no other city anywhere which has an airport boasts of
so many notified tiger parks in close proximity.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory