Two new tiger reserves in Maharashtra
Nagpur: The Nagzira-Navegaon and Bor forests
from Vidarbha in Maharashtra would be given the status of
tiger reserves, Union Environment Minister Jairam Ramesh said.
With this, the number of tiger reserves in the state
would goes up to six. The other tiger reserves being Pench,
Taloba and Melghat all in Vidarbha as well as one in Sahyadhri
in Western Maharashtra.
The two new tiger reserves are located near Nagpur and
the city may soon get to be known as tiger capital of the
world as no other city anywhere which has an airport boasts of
so many notified tiger parks in close proximity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Srinagar encounter: Two suspected cop killers gunned down as search-op against militants continues
- Van Gaal sacked by United, Mourinho poised to step in
- Iraq justice ministry announces execution of 22 convicts
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader