Two rhinos from Kaziranga translocated to Manas
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhinos who were being nursed at the Kaziranga reserve Tuesday began their journey to Manas National Park with officials deciding to go ahead with their translocation.
The four-year-old male rhinos were being cared for at the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC), officials said.
The rhino duo, named Gopal and Hari, were found in the Bauntika and Haldibari areas of the Kohora forest range in 2009.
The rhinos were seen off by KNP Director MK Yadav, Divisional Forest Officer SK Seal Sharma and CWRC Deputy Director Rathin Barman.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list