Two rhinos from Kaziranga translocated to Manas
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhinos who were being nursed at the Kaziranga reserve Tuesday began their journey to Manas National Park with officials deciding to go ahead with their translocation.
The four-year-old male rhinos were being cared for at the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC), officials said.
The rhino duo, named Gopal and Hari, were found in the Bauntika and Haldibari areas of the Kohora forest range in 2009.
The rhinos were seen off by KNP Director MK Yadav, Divisional Forest Officer SK Seal Sharma and CWRC Deputy Director Rathin Barman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal