Two rhinos from Kaziranga translocated to Manas
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhinos who were being nursed at the Kaziranga reserve Tuesday began their journey to Manas National Park with officials deciding to go ahead with their translocation.
The four-year-old male rhinos were being cared for at the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC), officials said.
The rhino duo, named Gopal and Hari, were found in the Bauntika and Haldibari areas of the Kohora forest range in 2009.
The rhinos were seen off by KNP Director MK Yadav, Divisional Forest Officer SK Seal Sharma and CWRC Deputy Director Rathin Barman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites