Two rhinos from Kaziranga translocated to Manas
Jorhat (Assam): Two rhinos who were being nursed at the Kaziranga reserve Tuesday began their journey to Manas National Park with officials deciding to go ahead with their translocation.
The four-year-old male rhinos were being cared for at the Centre for Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation (CWRC), officials said.
The rhino duo, named Gopal and Hari, were found in the Bauntika and Haldibari areas of the Kohora forest range in 2009.
The rhinos were seen off by KNP Director MK Yadav, Divisional Forest Officer SK Seal Sharma and CWRC Deputy Director Rathin Barman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?