Two white tiger cubs born in Chhattisgarh zoo
Bhilai: Two cubs have been born to white tiger couple Sunder and Kamla at the Maitri Bagh Zoo in Chhattisgarh`s steel city Bhilai, officials said Monday.
The zoo, spread over 167 acres, is run by the Bhilai steel plant.
With the birth of the two cubs, the total number of white tigers at the zoo has gone up to 14, including seven males and seven females.
The cubs were born about a month back December 7 but the news was announced Jan 13 as the authorities wanted to keep visitors away from the cubs due to health reasons, a zoo statement said.
About five months back, three cubs were born to another white tiger pair - Ganga and Satpura - at the zoo.
The zoo has 39 species of animals, birds and reptiles, including several endangered species. The total number of animals is 329.
About 10 lakh people visit the zoo annually.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state