Two white tiger cubs born in Chhattisgarh zoo
Bhilai: Two cubs have been born to white tiger couple Sunder and Kamla at the Maitri Bagh Zoo in Chhattisgarh`s steel city Bhilai, officials said Monday.
The zoo, spread over 167 acres, is run by the Bhilai steel plant.
With the birth of the two cubs, the total number of white tigers at the zoo has gone up to 14, including seven males and seven females.
The cubs were born about a month back December 7 but the news was announced Jan 13 as the authorities wanted to keep visitors away from the cubs due to health reasons, a zoo statement said.
About five months back, three cubs were born to another white tiger pair - Ganga and Satpura - at the zoo.
The zoo has 39 species of animals, birds and reptiles, including several endangered species. The total number of animals is 329.
About 10 lakh people visit the zoo annually.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?