US cancels Tsunami warning for South Pacific
Los Angeles: The United States cancelled a tsunami warning for areas of the South Pacific including the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia after a powerful 7.2 magnitude earthquake.
"Sea level readings do not show any tsunami signals," the US-based Tsunami Warning Center said in ending the alert.
The quake hit at 1714 GMT (2244 IST), centered 215 kilometers northwest of the island of Espiritu Santo of Vanuatu, or 2,070 kilometers northeast of Brisbane, Australia,
the US Geological Survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- BCCI line-up special General Meeting in Mumbai on August 5 to discuss Lodha recommendations
- Woman Rahul Gandhi hugged in Una was not related to any victim, has criminal record
- Tributes paid to Kargil martyr in Nagland
- Four killed in Bengal floods
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha