US cancels Tsunami warning for South Pacific
Los Angeles: The United States cancelled a tsunami warning for areas of the South Pacific including the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia after a powerful 7.2 magnitude earthquake.
"Sea level readings do not show any tsunami signals," the US-based Tsunami Warning Center said in ending the alert.
The quake hit at 1714 GMT (2244 IST), centered 215 kilometers northwest of the island of Espiritu Santo of Vanuatu, or 2,070 kilometers northeast of Brisbane, Australia,
the US Geological Survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi