US cancels Tsunami warning for South Pacific
Los Angeles: The United States cancelled a tsunami warning for areas of the South Pacific including the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia after a powerful 7.2 magnitude earthquake.
"Sea level readings do not show any tsunami signals," the US-based Tsunami Warning Center said in ending the alert.
The quake hit at 1714 GMT (2244 IST), centered 215 kilometers northwest of the island of Espiritu Santo of Vanuatu, or 2,070 kilometers northeast of Brisbane, Australia,
the US Geological Survey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?