US eyes new rules on power plants to curb emissions
Washington: The United States plans to
impose new pollution standards on power plants and oil
refineries in 2012 as part of efforts to curb greenhouse gas
emissions, the Environmental Protection Agency said.
Power plants and refineries are two major emitters in the
business sector, accounting for roughly 40 percent of the
country`s carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions.
The agency said yesterday it will propose standards for
power plants in July and for refineries in December next year,
with an eye to issuing final standards in May and November of
Prior to the process, the agency will hear opinions from
the business community and others concerned in early 2011, it
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death