Warsaw to lay climate deal basics
Warsaw: Poland`s environment minister says his challenge at next month`s climate conference will be to lay foundations for a new global emission cuts deal.
Marcin Korolec told The Associated Press that the United Nations` COP19 conference in Warsaw will require "huge work" in making some 200 participating nations agree on conditions for a deal to be signed in 2015 in Paris.
A major point of contention is how to divide the burden of cuts between industrialised nations and emerging economies. The deal has to be acceptable to major developing nations, like India and China, that are to be obliged to cut their greenhouse gas emissions as well.
A top UN climate official said recently that international leaders are failing in their fight against global warming.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair