Whale calf gets trapped in fishing net, dies
Nagapattinam (TN): A whale calf which got trapped in a fishing net off nearby Vedaranyam coast died as efforts by fishermen to save it failed, officials said on Monday.
The 12-foot-long whale calf, weighing about a ton, got entangled accidentally in the net of four fishermen from Seruthur in Vedaranyam last night.
The fishermen tried to rescue it from the net in the sea itself. When they freed it after reaching the shore, it was found dead, they said.
Fisheries officials, on being informed by fishermen, visited the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media