Whale shark found dead
Rajkot: A giant whale shark was found dead near Madhwad port at Kodinar, forest official said.
A local fisherman saw a dead whale shark in the sea and informed officials of the fisheries department who took it to veterinary hospital at sasan for post mortem.
The post mortem report revealed that some of internal organs including liver were missing prompting the officials to suspect that the whale shark might have been poached.
"The forest and fisheries department has rescued over 400 whale shark since 2004 and this is the first incident since 2004 that whale shark was found dead" L D Parmar Regional Forest officer (RFO) said adding that "missing organs meant that the fish might have been poached".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown