Whale shark found dead
Rajkot: A giant whale shark was found dead near Madhwad port at Kodinar, forest official said.
A local fisherman saw a dead whale shark in the sea and informed officials of the fisheries department who took it to veterinary hospital at sasan for post mortem.
The post mortem report revealed that some of internal organs including liver were missing prompting the officials to suspect that the whale shark might have been poached.
"The forest and fisheries department has rescued over 400 whale shark since 2004 and this is the first incident since 2004 that whale shark was found dead" L D Parmar Regional Forest officer (RFO) said adding that "missing organs meant that the fish might have been poached".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred