Whale shark found dead
Rajkot: A giant whale shark was found dead near Madhwad port at Kodinar, forest official said.
A local fisherman saw a dead whale shark in the sea and informed officials of the fisheries department who took it to veterinary hospital at sasan for post mortem.
The post mortem report revealed that some of internal organs including liver were missing prompting the officials to suspect that the whale shark might have been poached.
"The forest and fisheries department has rescued over 400 whale shark since 2004 and this is the first incident since 2004 that whale shark was found dead" L D Parmar Regional Forest officer (RFO) said adding that "missing organs meant that the fish might have been poached".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'