Whale shark found dead
Rajkot: A giant whale shark was found dead near Madhwad port at Kodinar, forest official said.
A local fisherman saw a dead whale shark in the sea and informed officials of the fisheries department who took it to veterinary hospital at sasan for post mortem.
The post mortem report revealed that some of internal organs including liver were missing prompting the officials to suspect that the whale shark might have been poached.
"The forest and fisheries department has rescued over 400 whale shark since 2004 and this is the first incident since 2004 that whale shark was found dead" L D Parmar Regional Forest officer (RFO) said adding that "missing organs meant that the fish might have been poached".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog