White tiger dies barely fortnight after being brought from AP
Jaipur: A rare white tiger, which was brought from Andhra Pradesh just 13 days ago, died at the Jaipur zoo on Sunday.
Seven-year-old Madhav had refused food since he was brought from the Sri Venkateshwara Zoological Park and his condition was gradually deteriorating following which his previous caretaker was flown in from Andhra Pradesh, veterinarian Dr Arvind Mathur said here.
"But the tiger`s condition did not improve and he did not take any solids. So, we went for blood tests," he said.
A post mortem by a medical board showed infection in the intestines, kidney and liver as the cause of death and the body has been interred.
Madhav died even before the visitors at the Jaipur zoo could take a glimpse of the magnificent animal. The tiger was brought here under an animal exchange programme.
His death has also dealt a blow to the zoo`s efforts to breed the rare animals. Only last year, a white tigress was brought here from Delhi zoo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31