White tiger for visitors in zoo
Jamshedpur: A white tiger, Kailash, which was brought here early this month from Sri Venkateshwara Zoological Park, Tirupati would be released from its quarantine ward for display to zoo visitors from tomorrow.
Kailash, progeny of Randheer and Haseena ( Bengal tigers) was made available to Tata Steel Zoological Society (TSZS) here by Tirupati zoo under an animal exchange program approved by the Central Zoo Authority.
Kailash, along with other four number of porcupines, six numbers of star tortoise and a pair of Jungle fowl was brought to Jamshedpur Zoo on March 2 last.
All the animals were put under quarantine since their arrival while the Porcupines have already been put on display for zoo visitors, said Rajnish Kumar, member of the Managing Committee of TSZS.
Kumar said Star tortoise and Jungle fowl would also be put on exhibit after their mandatory health checkup is completed by the zoo veterinary team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'