White tigress dies at Van Vihar National Park
Bhopal: A white tigress has died at the Van Vihar National Park here after a prolonged illness, official sources said here on Thursday.
The 14-year-old white tigress named `Lalita` died late last night, the sources said. She was brought here from Bhubaneshwar`s Nandan Kanan Zoological Park on April 22, 2009 when she was nine-years-old.
As compared to other tigers, the white tiger`s immune system is weaker.
The white tigress had been suffering from cancer in her eyes since the last two years, they said.
Her last rites were performed after a postmortem conducted by the park`s veterinarians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress