White tigress dies at Van Vihar National Park
Bhopal: A white tigress has died at the Van Vihar National Park here after a prolonged illness, official sources said here on Thursday.
The 14-year-old white tigress named `Lalita` died late last night, the sources said. She was brought here from Bhubaneshwar`s Nandan Kanan Zoological Park on April 22, 2009 when she was nine-years-old.
As compared to other tigers, the white tiger`s immune system is weaker.
The white tigress had been suffering from cancer in her eyes since the last two years, they said.
Her last rites were performed after a postmortem conducted by the park`s veterinarians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video