White tigress dies at Van Vihar National Park
Bhopal: A white tigress has died at the Van Vihar National Park here after a prolonged illness, official sources said here on Thursday.
The 14-year-old white tigress named `Lalita` died late last night, the sources said. She was brought here from Bhubaneshwar`s Nandan Kanan Zoological Park on April 22, 2009 when she was nine-years-old.
As compared to other tigers, the white tiger`s immune system is weaker.
The white tigress had been suffering from cancer in her eyes since the last two years, they said.
Her last rites were performed after a postmortem conducted by the park`s veterinarians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal