White tigress dies at Van Vihar National Park
Bhopal: A white tigress has died at the Van Vihar National Park here after a prolonged illness, official sources said here on Thursday.
The 14-year-old white tigress named `Lalita` died late last night, the sources said. She was brought here from Bhubaneshwar`s Nandan Kanan Zoological Park on April 22, 2009 when she was nine-years-old.
As compared to other tigers, the white tiger`s immune system is weaker.
The white tigress had been suffering from cancer in her eyes since the last two years, they said.
Her last rites were performed after a postmortem conducted by the park`s veterinarians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report