Wildlife census commences in Erode
Erode (TN): The annual wildlife census commenced in Sathyamangalam and Erode forest divisions Tuesday.
The Sathyamangalam forest division is noted for animal population mainly elephants, tiger, Indian gaur, wild Boar and spotted deer.
Forest Department officials said the entire census works would be completed in six days.
The tiger and elephant population has increased in the forest area during the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?