Wildlife census commences in Erode
Erode (TN): The annual wildlife census commenced in Sathyamangalam and Erode forest divisions Tuesday.
The Sathyamangalam forest division is noted for animal population mainly elephants, tiger, Indian gaur, wild Boar and spotted deer.
Forest Department officials said the entire census works would be completed in six days.
The tiger and elephant population has increased in the forest area during the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon