Wildlife census commences in Erode
Erode (TN): The annual wildlife census commenced in Sathyamangalam and Erode forest divisions Tuesday.
The Sathyamangalam forest division is noted for animal population mainly elephants, tiger, Indian gaur, wild Boar and spotted deer.
Forest Department officials said the entire census works would be completed in six days.
The tiger and elephant population has increased in the forest area during the last one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love