Workshop on World Environment day to preserve house sparrow
New Delhi: On the occasion of World Environment day, the Canadian High Commission is organising a summer workshop here on June 4 for children to promote protection of house sparrow, a threatened species.
The workshop is aimed at encouraging children to contribute to preserving of the environment with special focus of protecting house sparrow, a High Commission press release today said.
At the workshop the children will be acquainted about house sparrows, nest-building activities, construction of mud houses for birds and a short film will be screened on the Artic.
The workshop, being organised in collaboration with Eco Roots foundation, an NGO, will hold a slogan contest for the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened