Workshop on World Environment day to preserve house sparrow
New Delhi: On the occasion of World Environment day, the Canadian High Commission is organising a summer workshop here on June 4 for children to promote protection of house sparrow, a threatened species.
The workshop is aimed at encouraging children to contribute to preserving of the environment with special focus of protecting house sparrow, a High Commission press release today said.
At the workshop the children will be acquainted about house sparrows, nest-building activities, construction of mud houses for birds and a short film will be screened on the Artic.
The workshop, being organised in collaboration with Eco Roots foundation, an NGO, will hold a slogan contest for the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital