Workshop on World Environment day to preserve house sparrow
New Delhi: On the occasion of World Environment day, the Canadian High Commission is organising a summer workshop here on June 4 for children to promote protection of house sparrow, a threatened species.
The workshop is aimed at encouraging children to contribute to preserving of the environment with special focus of protecting house sparrow, a High Commission press release today said.
At the workshop the children will be acquainted about house sparrows, nest-building activities, construction of mud houses for birds and a short film will be screened on the Artic.
The workshop, being organised in collaboration with Eco Roots foundation, an NGO, will hold a slogan contest for the children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi