World Bank`s climate innovation centre opens in Kenya
Nairobi: The World Bank has opened a climate innovation centre (CIC), a new business hub for African climate technology entrepreneurs. It is expected to unleash the country`s green business potential, Xinhua reported.
The centre will boost locally sourced green technologies in the Africa region, said the bank`s Country Director for Kenya, Johannes Zutt, during its launch in Nairobi Wednesday.
The centre`s successful implementation will establish a model for six other climate innovation centres to be launched in near future, said Zutt.
He said CIC would help Kenya to address the challenges of climate change, by finding ways to reduce carbon emissions and to increase climate resilience, especially in energy, agriculture and water supply.
"Kenya`s CIC aims to help the government of Kenya to promote green growth, to protect the environment, and to create jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!