World Bank`s climate innovation centre opens in Kenya
Nairobi: The World Bank has opened a climate innovation centre (CIC), a new business hub for African climate technology entrepreneurs. It is expected to unleash the country`s green business potential, Xinhua reported.
The centre will boost locally sourced green technologies in the Africa region, said the bank`s Country Director for Kenya, Johannes Zutt, during its launch in Nairobi Wednesday.
The centre`s successful implementation will establish a model for six other climate innovation centres to be launched in near future, said Zutt.
He said CIC would help Kenya to address the challenges of climate change, by finding ways to reduce carbon emissions and to increase climate resilience, especially in energy, agriculture and water supply.
"Kenya`s CIC aims to help the government of Kenya to promote green growth, to protect the environment, and to create jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs