World Bank`s climate innovation centre opens in Kenya
Nairobi: The World Bank has opened a climate innovation centre (CIC), a new business hub for African climate technology entrepreneurs. It is expected to unleash the country`s green business potential, Xinhua reported.
The centre will boost locally sourced green technologies in the Africa region, said the bank`s Country Director for Kenya, Johannes Zutt, during its launch in Nairobi Wednesday.
The centre`s successful implementation will establish a model for six other climate innovation centres to be launched in near future, said Zutt.
He said CIC would help Kenya to address the challenges of climate change, by finding ways to reduce carbon emissions and to increase climate resilience, especially in energy, agriculture and water supply.
"Kenya`s CIC aims to help the government of Kenya to promote green growth, to protect the environment, and to create jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'