World Bank`s climate innovation centre opens in Kenya
Nairobi: The World Bank has opened a climate innovation centre (CIC), a new business hub for African climate technology entrepreneurs. It is expected to unleash the country`s green business potential, Xinhua reported.
The centre will boost locally sourced green technologies in the Africa region, said the bank`s Country Director for Kenya, Johannes Zutt, during its launch in Nairobi Wednesday.
The centre`s successful implementation will establish a model for six other climate innovation centres to be launched in near future, said Zutt.
He said CIC would help Kenya to address the challenges of climate change, by finding ways to reduce carbon emissions and to increase climate resilience, especially in energy, agriculture and water supply.
"Kenya`s CIC aims to help the government of Kenya to promote green growth, to protect the environment, and to create jobs," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites