World Bank`s climate innovation centre opens in Kenya
Nairobi: The World Bank has opened a climate innovation centre (CIC), a new business hub for African climate technology entrepreneurs. It is expected to unleash the country`s green business potential, Xinhua reported.
The centre will boost locally sourced green technologies in the Africa region, said the bank`s Country Director for Kenya, Johannes Zutt, during its launch in Nairobi Wednesday.
The centre`s successful implementation will establish a model for six other climate innovation centres to be launched in near future, said Zutt.
He said CIC would help Kenya to address the challenges of climate change, by finding ways to reduce carbon emissions and to increase climate resilience, especially in energy, agriculture and water supply.
"Kenya`s CIC aims to help the government of Kenya to promote green growth, to protect the environment, and to create jobs," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know