World`s first chimeric monkeys are born
Washington: Researchers in Oregon have produced the world`s first chimeric monkeys.
Unlike naturally-conceived animals whose individual cells contain the same genetic structure, the monkeys are composed of a mixture of cells containing different genomes.
Scientists have conducted research with chimeric mice for many years, but the primate model gives scientists new insight into the study of numerous diseases that affect humans.
The paper was released on Thursday, January 5, in the online journal ``Cell``.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family