World`s first chimeric monkeys are born
Washington: Researchers in Oregon have produced the world`s first chimeric monkeys.
Unlike naturally-conceived animals whose individual cells contain the same genetic structure, the monkeys are composed of a mixture of cells containing different genomes.
Scientists have conducted research with chimeric mice for many years, but the primate model gives scientists new insight into the study of numerous diseases that affect humans.
The paper was released on Thursday, January 5, in the online journal ``Cell``.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'