`Yeti hair` in cave belongs to unknown mammal
Moscow: In an astonishing claim, scientists have said that DNA tests of supposed `Yeti hair` found in a Siberian cave have revealed that it belongs to an unknown mammal closely related to humans.
The samples of hair were found in the Azasskaya Cave in the Mourt Shoriya area of Kemerovo region in Siberia during an international expedition last year.
"We had ten samples of hair to study, and have concluded that they belong to mammal, but not a human, and not the animals known to the area where they were found, like a bear, or wolf, or goat, or any other animal," said Professor Valentin Sapunov of the Russian State Hydrometeorological Institute.
Two tests carried out in Russia and the US agreed the hair came from a human-like creature which is not a Homo sapien yet is more closely related to man than a monkey, the Siberian times reported citing a regional government website in Russia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?