€250,000 scholarship fund for Indian students
University College Dublin announces a total of over 100 scholarships in undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs, Gauri Rane reports.
New Delhi: University College Dublin announces a total of over 100 scholarships in undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs, Gauri Rane reports.
India and Ireland are making outstanding efforts in creating stronger educational ties. The case in point being the announcement of 2014 University Collge of Dublin (UCD) scholarships for Indian undergraduate and postgraduate students. “We know that students are looking at acquring global exposure and, as academicians it is our responsibility to provide them with options of courses and institutions,” says Jeremy Simpson, associate dean of Internation Studies,UCD.
The University has over 5,500 international students from 127 countries currently pursuing various programmes at the campus, of those about 258 are Indian students. Even if the value of each scholarship is between €2500 to €3500, the €250,000 fund is set up to offer a number of scholarships.
“Our aim is to help international education aspirants secure a seat in the programme of their choice,” says Simpson, adding that UCD will be offering over 100 scholarships in undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programmes for the year 2014.
The application deadline for scholarships to various programmes at UCD is April 2014. “UCD has a September intake students should apply for scholarships as soon as possible as securing a seat for a programme of your choice is very competitive,” he advises
Amongst the various scholarships that are awarded, pf particular note are the four full scholarships in recognition of India`s former President, VV Giri, who studied law at UCD.
The Univeristy is collaborating with Indian universities such as University of Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIM Bangalore and University of Baroda amongst others to offer this scholarship to maximum students.
Indian students applying to UCD can avail the following:
Graduate (Taught Masters) Scholarships
Government of Ireland Scholarships for India
UCD Michael Smurfit School of Business
UCD Graduate School of Law
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'