28 `Super 30` students crack IIT-JEE entrance
28 out of the 30 students of `Super 30` institute have cracked the IIT entrance exam.
Patna: Carrying forward its legacy, 28 out of the 30 students of `Super 30` institute have cracked the prestigious IIT entrance examination, results of which were declared on Friday.
`Super 30`, a brainchild of noted mathematician Anand Kumar founded in 2002, provides free of cost IIT coaching to students belonging to economically weaker sections of the society. The students are also provided with free fooding and lodging.
"The 28 students of Super 30 who cleared the IIT-JEE (Advanced) are all children who belong to deprived section of the society," Kumar said.
"Many a time my family had to go without food," said an emotional Rampyare, a labourer from Uttar Pradesh whose son Bhanu made it to the IITs with the help of `Super 30`.
Pranav Kumar from Samastipur, son a landless farmer, was also among the 28 lucky students along with Ankit from Hajipur, who lost his father last year in a road mishap, and Abhishek Kumar, whose father is a mechanic.
"Somehow, I got to know of Super 30 and managed to clear its screening test. Here, I seemed to have found my new father, as Anand Sir and his family looked after me in such a way that I never felt like being away from home," Ankit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door