28 `Super 30` students crack IIT-JEE entrance
28 out of the 30 students of `Super 30` institute have cracked the IIT entrance exam.
Patna: Carrying forward its legacy, 28 out of the 30 students of `Super 30` institute have cracked the prestigious IIT entrance examination, results of which were declared on Friday.
`Super 30`, a brainchild of noted mathematician Anand Kumar founded in 2002, provides free of cost IIT coaching to students belonging to economically weaker sections of the society. The students are also provided with free fooding and lodging.
"The 28 students of Super 30 who cleared the IIT-JEE (Advanced) are all children who belong to deprived section of the society," Kumar said.
"Many a time my family had to go without food," said an emotional Rampyare, a labourer from Uttar Pradesh whose son Bhanu made it to the IITs with the help of `Super 30`.
Pranav Kumar from Samastipur, son a landless farmer, was also among the 28 lucky students along with Ankit from Hajipur, who lost his father last year in a road mishap, and Abhishek Kumar, whose father is a mechanic.
"Somehow, I got to know of Super 30 and managed to clear its screening test. Here, I seemed to have found my new father, as Anand Sir and his family looked after me in such a way that I never felt like being away from home," Ankit said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged