B-schools should develop leaders with sensitivity: Tharoor
Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor said business schools in the country need to prepare management leaders.
New Delhi: Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday said business schools in the country need to prepare management leaders with greater sensitivity for larger national goals.
The minister made these observations in his address at the two-day Indian Management Conclave (IMC) 2013 here.
Tharoor, who earlier gave away the IMC awards to 10 Indian B-schools for adopting best practices in management education, hoped that their case studies would help foster a sense of inquiry and excellence among management students.
More than 250 educators, including B-school directors from India, China, Singapore, Canada and the US were present at the fourth edition of the conclave, according to an official IMC release.
The awards, instituted by MBAUniverse.com, recognise the most successful initiatives by management institutes to enhance the value of their Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes.
Delivering the opening address, HCL Technologies vice-chairman Vineet Nayar said: "Indian B-schools and educators must play a proactive role in identifying, researching and documenting big ideas from India."
"Well researched best-practices followed by 50 leading B-schools presented during the conclave would benefit 3,500 plus B-schools in India," said IMC convener and chairman of MBAUniverse.com Amit Agnihotri.
The winners included Birla Institute of Management Technology-Noida, Indian Institute of Management-Kashipur (Uttarakhand), Jaipuria Institute of Management-Noida, Great Lakes Institute of Management-Chennai, TA Pai Management Institute-Manipal, Institute of Finance and International Management-Bangalore, Narsee Monji Institute of Management Studies-Bangalore, Institute of Technology and Management-Mumbai and Goa Institute of Management.
A jury comprising top management honchos shortlisted 12 finalists who presented their case studies during IMC 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price