Boisar boy secures AIR 32 in UPSC exam
Son of a cycle shop owner from Boisar in Thane secured third rank in the state in UPSC civil services exam 2013, the result of which was announced on Thursday.
Thane: Son of a cycle shop owner from Boisar in Thane secured third rank in the state in UPSC civil services exam 2013, the result of which was announced on Thursday.
Varun Baranwal, lost his father during his SSC exams in 2003, got 32nd AIR rank in the UPSC exams.
Varun passed the SSC with 89 per cent marks and it was his mother who encouraged him to pursue Science stream.
He later got a Bachelor`s degree Electronics and Telecommunications from MIT College, Pune and has been a gold medalist.
"Credit of my success goes to all seniors who guided me. I am planning to join IAS cadre in Maharashtra, Gujarat or Karnataka states," Varun told PTI.
Currently, Varun lives with his mother and alongside preparing for UPSC exam, he also took care of their shop. He studied for UPSC from Chanakya Mandal Pariwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!