Cash award for 200 meritorious govt school CBSE students
HRD Ministry on Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs one lakh each to 200 meritorious students who have passed the CBSE Class XII examination this year from government schools in the country.
New Delhi: HRD Ministry on Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs one lakh each to 200 meritorious students who have passed the CBSE Class XII examination this year from government schools in the country.
HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju cleared a proposal in this regard soon after the results were announced, said a ministry statement.
Hailing the achievement of the students, Raju in particular drew attention to the fact that the pass percentage of 82.10 per cent was the highest in the last five years.
The cash award will be given to the students who have studied from classes 9th to 12th and have passed class 12th exam this year from government schools affiliated to CBSE, the statement said.
Out of 200 rewards, 50 each will be conferred to the students from Science, Commerce, Humanity and Vocational streams. The names of 200 awardees will be announced in one month’s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why