Cash award for 200 meritorious govt school CBSE students
HRD Ministry on Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs one lakh each to 200 meritorious students who have passed the CBSE Class XII examination this year from government schools in the country.
New Delhi: HRD Ministry on Tuesday announced a cash award of Rs one lakh each to 200 meritorious students who have passed the CBSE Class XII examination this year from government schools in the country.
HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju cleared a proposal in this regard soon after the results were announced, said a ministry statement.
Hailing the achievement of the students, Raju in particular drew attention to the fact that the pass percentage of 82.10 per cent was the highest in the last five years.
The cash award will be given to the students who have studied from classes 9th to 12th and have passed class 12th exam this year from government schools affiliated to CBSE, the statement said.
Out of 200 rewards, 50 each will be conferred to the students from Science, Commerce, Humanity and Vocational streams. The names of 200 awardees will be announced in one month’s time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured