CAT Answers: Explanations for Week 7 Questions
CAT Answers: Explanations for Week 7 Questions
1. c ‘Caret’ refers to the proof-reading marks placed below a line of text to indicate a proposed insertion or correction. ‘Carat’ refers to a measure of fineness in gold.
‘Perspicacious’ means having penetrating mental discernment. In this context it would mean shrewd. ‘Perspicuous’ means something that is plain to the understanding especially because of clarity of expression and presentation.
In this context ‘delusion’, means a false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness would fit. ‘Decry’ means to condemn or depreciate by proclamation. It fits the context. ‘Descry’ means to catch sight of or to discover.
‘Epitaph’ means a commemorative inscription on a tomb. ‘Epithet’ means a term used to characterize a person or thing. It fits in here.
2. a ‘Tenebrous’ means dark or gloomy or obscure and ‘reality’ refers to a fact or state of being. The other options fall out of context.
3. c The central theme of the paragraph revolves around the initiative taken by a British school teacher to abandon the word “failure” from being used in classrooms as it creates negative vibes among the innocent minds of school children.
Therefore, the starting link should be a sentence which introduces the new step taken by the British teacher. Hence, the first sentence starting the paragraph should be sentence E.
Obviously the next sentence following it should be a sentence which describes the teacher’s name and the details of the initiative or motion taken by her. So the sentence following E should be sentence B. Hence there is an evident EB link.
Sentence C should definitely follow sentence B because of the use of the word “motion” in C which refers to the initiative taken by Beattie in sentence B. Similarly there is also a direct link between sentences C and D which is clear by the usage of the word “agreement” in sentence D.
Finally the conclusion that failure lowers the confidence and self-esteem of school children is stated in sentence A. Hence, the correct answer has to be option (c).
4. b N = 26 × 34 × 52; has 105 factors in total.
Let the factors of N be f1,f2,......, f105 be arranged in ascending order.
N = f1 × f105 = f2 × f104 = .... = f53 × f53
? Product of the factors of N:
P = (f1 × f2 × f3 .....f53 × f105) = (26 × 34 × 52)(52 + 1/2)
P = (26 × 34 × 52)105/2 = 2315 × 3210 × 5105 - product of the factors of N, which are not multiples of 5 = (26 × 34)35/2 = 2105 × 370
So, total product of the factors of N which are multiples of 5.
= 2 315 × 3210 × 5105
--------------------------- = 2 210 × 3 140 × 5105
2105 × 370
5. a 2 % of X = Rs. 9 crore ? X = Rs. 450 crore
6. a The guy starts off with Raj Kapoor and returns back after 20 days. He transfers 20 days of stock to Raj Kapoor before he returns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon