CBSE launches value education kit
A day after new Human Resource Development Minister MM Pallam Raju laid stress on the need for ethical education in the school curriculum, the Central Board of Secondary Education Thursday came out with a "value education kit".
New Delhi: A day after new Human Resource Development Minister MM Pallam Raju laid stress on the need for ethical education in the school curriculum, the Central Board of Secondary Education Thursday came out with a "value education kit".
"Universal ideals of love, peace, tolerance, forgiveness, humility, non-violence and sacrifice are the cornerstone of education. Values such as harmony, peace, compassion and humility have for centuries been a part of the discourse of every religion in the world, and their need and importance is universally accepted and felt, more so in the current social and political context," Raju said, launching the kit.
Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor, meanwhile, said "education is about more than producing well-filled minds. It is also about well-formed minds".
The Value Education Kit consists of a Values Education Teachers Handbook and a CD with eight songs symbolising the values of peace, solidarity and respect for nature.
The kit also has activity cards for students from nursery to standard 12.
"The Values Education curriculum will help in providing a number of exciting learning experiences through the Values Education Kit. The Values Education Teachers` Handbook is a valuable resource for teachers to easily draw ideas for conducting lively and interactive sessions in their classes," a statement from the HRD ministry said.
"The activities, designed by experts in the field of education, allow for more critical thinking about economic, social and moral issues as well as about universal human values. The materials offered are highly interactive, addressing current issues with opportunities for critical thinking," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'