CBSE launches value education kit
A day after new Human Resource Development Minister MM Pallam Raju laid stress on the need for ethical education in the school curriculum, the Central Board of Secondary Education Thursday came out with a "value education kit".
New Delhi: A day after new Human Resource Development Minister MM Pallam Raju laid stress on the need for ethical education in the school curriculum, the Central Board of Secondary Education Thursday came out with a "value education kit".
"Universal ideals of love, peace, tolerance, forgiveness, humility, non-violence and sacrifice are the cornerstone of education. Values such as harmony, peace, compassion and humility have for centuries been a part of the discourse of every religion in the world, and their need and importance is universally accepted and felt, more so in the current social and political context," Raju said, launching the kit.
Minister of State for HRD Shashi Tharoor, meanwhile, said "education is about more than producing well-filled minds. It is also about well-formed minds".
The Value Education Kit consists of a Values Education Teachers Handbook and a CD with eight songs symbolising the values of peace, solidarity and respect for nature.
The kit also has activity cards for students from nursery to standard 12.
"The Values Education curriculum will help in providing a number of exciting learning experiences through the Values Education Kit. The Values Education Teachers` Handbook is a valuable resource for teachers to easily draw ideas for conducting lively and interactive sessions in their classes," a statement from the HRD ministry said.
"The activities, designed by experts in the field of education, allow for more critical thinking about economic, social and moral issues as well as about universal human values. The materials offered are highly interactive, addressing current issues with opportunities for critical thinking," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price