CBSE results: Delhi govt schools perform best
Government schools in Delhi have performed the best among other such institutes across the country in this year`s Central Board of Secondary Education Class-XII examination, the results of which was announced on Monday.
New Delhi: Government schools in Delhi have performed the best among other such institutes across the country in this year`s Central Board of Secondary Education Class-XII examination, the results of which was announced on Monday.
88.65 per cent students of Delhi government schools passed this year, registering an increase of 0.93 per cent against last year`s 87.72 per cent.
"The overall passed percentage of government schools in Delhi has increased by 0.93 per cent...As many as 109 schools achieved 100 per cent result against 72 last year and 522 schools have achieved 90 per cent result against 352 schools last year," Delhi Education Minister Kiran Walia told reporters here.
Girls have outshone boys in the Delhi region with 91.42 per cent of the female students passing the examination as against 82.44 per cent males.
Ankit Saini from Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya in Dwarka has topped among the students of government schools of the Delhi region with 97.4 per cent.
The percentage of overall students who passed the examination this time has increased by 1.38 per cent. Last year, the pass percentage was 85.40 per cent and this year it is 86.78 per cent, Walia said.
Chennai once again put up the best performance with a pass percentage of 91.83, followed by Delhi.
Walia said the government will set up 100 new schools.
"This time more emphasis will be on moral education and extra curriculum activities, like sports," she said, adding that the government is also working towards providing facilities like toilets for girls and proper drinking water in all schools.
The number of students placed in compartmental has also decreased from 9.66 per cent in 2012 to 8.02 per cent this year.
Meanwhile, the national capital witnessed most number of cases of use of unfair means by the students of the region. There were 25 such cases in Delhi region this year against 10 last year.
Panchkula was second with 12 such cases against four last year, while Allahabad which was second last year with 13 cases registered 10 cases this time.
In total, the number of unfair means cases have gone up from last year`s 47 to 68 this year.
CBSE Class-X results are expected to be announced on May 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla