CBSE to offer Human Rights, Gender Studies course
The CBSE has decided to offer elective course on Human Rights and Gender Studies at higher secondary school level to increase awareness among students on the issues.
New Delhi: The CBSE has decided to offer elective course on Human Rights and Gender Studies at higher secondary school level to increase awareness among students on the issues.
The elective course will be offered for class XI and XII at pilot stage for CBSE-affiliated schools in 2013-14 session and as a regular elective from 2014-15 session onwards, Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor said while replying to a question in Rajya Sabha.
The National Curriculum Framework, 2005, prioritises gender as an important guiding principle in all curricular areas, he said.
Gender concerns have been integrated in the curriculum and in the textbooks at an appropriate level, Tharoor said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly