Committee set up to probe marks tampering in CAT 2012
The HRD Ministry has set up a committee to examine the allegations that the marks of 80 candidates of Common Admission Test (CAT), 2012, were inflated.
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry has set up a committee to examine the allegations that the marks of 80 candidates of Common Admission Test (CAT), 2012, were inflated.
The development came even as IIM Kozhikode, the CAT convenor, in a statement today said it was "not responsible for any manipulation on the official website" which is hosted and managed by Lucknow-based Web Weavers.
"In fact, immediately after receiving the anonymous complaint, the CAT convenor conducted an investigation and after identifying the discrepancies an FIR was lodged based on which a police investigation is underway," it said.
It said all the institutes that use CAT scores for selection of candidates have been alerted.
The CAT scores of the candidates have also been shared with all non-IIM institutes which use CAT scores for their admission from the master database.
"IIMs are confident that whoever is found guilty of any unlawful act would face legal consequences," it said.
Police have already registered a case and seized a computer hard disc from IIM, Kozhikode, in connection with the case.
The disc has been sent to the forensic science laboratory at Thiruvananthapuram, Kummamangalam Circle Inspector Prakashan Padanyil told PTI.
Prof SSS Kumar of IIMK, the convenor of 2012 CAT Examinations, had also been questioned, he said.
The institute had entrusted Prometric, a US-based multi-national company, with the conduct and evaluation of the examination. The results were handed over to Web weavers, which manages CAT website www.Catiim.In.
Police said the marks of at least 80 students, who took the CAT, are suspected to have been tampered with or altered, which led to increased scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam