Committee set up to probe marks tampering in CAT 2012
The HRD Ministry has set up a committee to examine the allegations that the marks of 80 candidates of Common Admission Test (CAT), 2012, were inflated.
New Delhi: The HRD Ministry has set up a committee to examine the allegations that the marks of 80 candidates of Common Admission Test (CAT), 2012, were inflated.
The development came even as IIM Kozhikode, the CAT convenor, in a statement today said it was "not responsible for any manipulation on the official website" which is hosted and managed by Lucknow-based Web Weavers.
"In fact, immediately after receiving the anonymous complaint, the CAT convenor conducted an investigation and after identifying the discrepancies an FIR was lodged based on which a police investigation is underway," it said.
It said all the institutes that use CAT scores for selection of candidates have been alerted.
The CAT scores of the candidates have also been shared with all non-IIM institutes which use CAT scores for their admission from the master database.
"IIMs are confident that whoever is found guilty of any unlawful act would face legal consequences," it said.
Police have already registered a case and seized a computer hard disc from IIM, Kozhikode, in connection with the case.
The disc has been sent to the forensic science laboratory at Thiruvananthapuram, Kummamangalam Circle Inspector Prakashan Padanyil told PTI.
Prof SSS Kumar of IIMK, the convenor of 2012 CAT Examinations, had also been questioned, he said.
The institute had entrusted Prometric, a US-based multi-national company, with the conduct and evaluation of the examination. The results were handed over to Web weavers, which manages CAT website www.Catiim.In.
Police said the marks of at least 80 students, who took the CAT, are suspected to have been tampered with or altered, which led to increased scores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic