Dehradun girl tops ICSE board exams with 99% marks
Bhuvanya Vijay, a girl from Dehradun, has done Uttarakhand proud by emerging the all India topper this year in ICSE class XII board exminations with 99 percent marks.
Dehradun: Bhuvanya Vijay, a girl from Dehradun, has done Uttarakhand proud by emerging the all India topper this year in ICSE class XII board exminations with 99 percent marks.
Ecstatic over her results declared yesterday Bhuvanya said she used to study for 12-14 hours every day while preparing for her exams.
A student of one of Dehradun`s leading schools St Joseph`s Academy, Bhuvanya participates in debates and recently won the Frank Anthony memorial debate contest of the ICSE board.
"Being an avid debater, I want to study law at the National School of India University, Bangalore," she said when asked about her future plans.
She also said she had plans to form an NGO at a later stage to provide education to women and improve their lot.
Bhuvanya is the daughter of Indian Forest Services officer Vijay Kumar and landscaping professional Sunita Vijay.
When asked what made her perform so well in her exams, Bhuvanya said the most important thing is to stay focused and maintain a blanace between one`s studies and other activities.
She said though she put in 12-14 hours of study every day, she got enough time for her hobbies like watching films and reading literature, especially the works of Charles Dickens and Shakespeare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal