Dehradun girl tops ICSE board exams with 99% marks
Bhuvanya Vijay, a girl from Dehradun, has done Uttarakhand proud by emerging the all India topper this year in ICSE class XII board exminations with 99 percent marks.
Dehradun: Bhuvanya Vijay, a girl from Dehradun, has done Uttarakhand proud by emerging the all India topper this year in ICSE class XII board exminations with 99 percent marks.
Ecstatic over her results declared yesterday Bhuvanya said she used to study for 12-14 hours every day while preparing for her exams.
A student of one of Dehradun`s leading schools St Joseph`s Academy, Bhuvanya participates in debates and recently won the Frank Anthony memorial debate contest of the ICSE board.
"Being an avid debater, I want to study law at the National School of India University, Bangalore," she said when asked about her future plans.
She also said she had plans to form an NGO at a later stage to provide education to women and improve their lot.
Bhuvanya is the daughter of Indian Forest Services officer Vijay Kumar and landscaping professional Sunita Vijay.
When asked what made her perform so well in her exams, Bhuvanya said the most important thing is to stay focused and maintain a blanace between one`s studies and other activities.
She said though she put in 12-14 hours of study every day, she got enough time for her hobbies like watching films and reading literature, especially the works of Charles Dickens and Shakespeare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone