Delhi HC to hear plea against engineering entrance exam today
The Delhi High Court will hear a PIL seeking to restrain the Central Board of Secondary Education and Indian Institute of Technology from conducting engineering entrance examinations on the basis of JEE (Main), and JEE (Advanced), 2014.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court will on Friday hear a PIL seeking to restrain the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) from conducting engineering entrance examinations on the basis of JEE (Main), and JEE (Advanced), 2014.
A bench of Justices BD Ahmed and Siddharth Mridul will hear the PIL.
The PIL filed by Pushpanjali Das is seeking a direction to the CBSE and 16 IITs to “re-conduct JEE (Main), 2014 within a week’s time and not on multiple days”. It has also sought a direction that the CBSE and the IITs be not allowed to go ahead with the JEE as different sets of question papers for the exams, which would be held on multiple dates, will not provide equal opportunities to all students.
“The petition is directed against CBSE and 16 IITs for subjecting young deserving students to discrimination in the competitive examinations whereby an entrance examination in the same year is being conducted over multiple days with different set of questions.”
“This results in questions of varying levels of difficulty on each day, as a result an average student may score more marks thereby denying deserving student a chance of getting admission in prestigious premium Institutes of India,” the petition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand