Delhi University colleges hike fees
Several Delhi University colleges have decided to raise the fees for various courses being offered.
New Delhi: With Delhi University implementing the four-year undergraduate programme from this academic year, several colleges have decided to raise the fees for various courses being offered.
The decision to hike the fees is taken by the colleges and the university has nothing to do with it.
"There has been no directive from the university. The decision to raise the fees is taken by the respective colleges," Avinashi Kapoor, the varsity`s joint dean of students` welfare, said.
The DU colleges hiking their course fees include Sri Ram College for Commerce (SRCC), Hans Raj, St Stephens, Kirori Mal, Lady Sri Ram and Ramjas.
"There has been a hike of just Rs 1,000 for economics and commerce programmes being offered by the college," SRCC principal PC Jain said.
St Stephen`s College has raised the fees by five-eight percent for the science and humanities courses.
"There would be a hike but it won`t be more than 10 percent. The hike would be for all the courses except for the Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech) in Electronics," Hans Raj College principal KV Kavatia said.
However, colleges like Hindu, Miranda House and Lady Irwin are not raising their fees.
"There will be no fee hike in Hindu College. We have already printed the fee structure in our prospectus," Hindu College principal Praduman Kumar said.
Miranda House principal Pratibha Jolly said: "We have not taken a decision on the fee hike so far."
Under the new four-year undergraduate programme offered by DU, students will be required to study 11 foundational courses in the first two years, clubbing together students who seek vocational education with those pursuing pure academic disciplines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM