DTU admission irregularities to be probed
A three-member committee has been constituted to conduct a probe on alleged irregularities involved in the admission process of the Delhi Technological University.
New Delhi: A three-member committee has been constituted to conduct a probe on alleged irregularities involved in the admission process of the Delhi Technological University.
Further, DTU vice chancellor PB Sharma has already been ordered to go on medical leave pending inquiry following charges of corruption against him by LG.
The committee, constituted under the directions of the Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, will comprise secretary R Narayana Swami, Retd IAS GS Patnaik and principal and education secretary Arindo Majumdar.
The case is related to the recruitment process in 2012 in connection to the vacancies advertised in December 2011.
According to the Engineering Teachers` Association, various irregularities were observed during the recruitment process following which the teacher`s association went to court challenging the recruitments but the case was dismissed.
They then approached High Court but again it was turned down. Third time, teacher`s association had approached the court through eminent lawyer and AAP leader Prashant Bhushan but the result remained the same.
DTU teachers` body had also made representations to the Delhi government under Sheila Dikshit, alleging irregularities in recruitment but it was when the AAP government came to power that the case was reopened and files were mobilised.
The teachers` body had accused Sharma of favouritism in the appointment and removal of department heads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi