DU admissions: Third cut off list out
Students vying to get a seat in Delhi University for popular courses like Commerce, Economics and English need not worry as the courses still remain open for admission in the third cut off list issued late on Wednesday.
New Delhi: Students vying to get a seat in Delhi University for popular courses like Commerce, Economics and English need not worry as the courses still remain open for admission in the third cut off list issued late on Wednesday.
As many as 25 colleges were still offering admissions for the much-in-demand Commerce course. Among the popular colleges with seats still available for the course were Hindu, Hans Raj, I P College and Ramjas.
The drop in the cut off, however, was not very significant. In Hindu, where the second cut off was 96.5-99.5 per cent, the third cut off is 96.25-99.25 per cent. The cut off for Commerce at Ramjas and Hansraj too came down by 0.25 per cent.
Withdrawals at some colleges, which had closed admission for the course in the second list, has resulted in admissions being reopened in the third list. Kamala Nehru, Lakshmibai and Maitreyi were among such colleges.
Admissions for Economics and English were still open in over 20 colleges, but the drop in cut off was similarly marginal.
For Journalism, only two of the six colleges - Delhi College of Arts and Commerce and Maharaja Agrasen College - issued a third cut off.
With B A (Programme) degree no more being offered by the University with the introduction of the new four year undergraduate course, seats at most colleges for Political Science and History courses have been filled up.
Only 12 and 16 colleges issued a third list for Political Science and History courses respectively.
Off campus college Sri Aurobindo which had slashed its cut offs by as much as 22 per cent in History, 18 per cent in Political Science, 20 per cent in Botony and 19 per cent for Zoology in the second cut off list had not issued its third list till late night.
Admissions for science courses have been closed in several colleges. Only 12 colleges remain open for admissions in Mathematics course.
Admissions for the third cut off will begin from Thursday and continue till July 6.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know