DU approves slew of 4-year degree courses
Delhi University on Friday announced the approval of a slew of courses, including English, Hindi and Modern Indian Languages for the new four year degree programme.
New Delhi: Delhi University on Friday announced the approval of a slew of courses, including English, Hindi and Modern Indian Languages for the new four year degree programme.
The Faculty of Arts at its meeting approved multiple courses under 13 departments including Urdu, Arabic, Psychology, Philosophy, and Linguistics among others, a statement issued by the university said.
"With this approval, barring four departments, all courses of studies in respect of all departments of all faculties stand approved for submission to the Academic Council. These (remaining) four courses are expected to be approved in the next few days," DU Registrar Alka Sharma said.
Several courses including Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Economics and Political Science have already been approved by their respective departments for the four-year degree programme which will be implemented from this year.
The programme, with multiple degree options ranging from an associate baccalaureate in two years, will entail a shift from the present 10+2+3 scheme to a four-year graduation with multiple exit points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley