DU approves slew of 4-year degree courses
Delhi University on Friday announced the approval of a slew of courses, including English, Hindi and Modern Indian Languages for the new four year degree programme.
New Delhi: Delhi University on Friday announced the approval of a slew of courses, including English, Hindi and Modern Indian Languages for the new four year degree programme.
The Faculty of Arts at its meeting approved multiple courses under 13 departments including Urdu, Arabic, Psychology, Philosophy, and Linguistics among others, a statement issued by the university said.
"With this approval, barring four departments, all courses of studies in respect of all departments of all faculties stand approved for submission to the Academic Council. These (remaining) four courses are expected to be approved in the next few days," DU Registrar Alka Sharma said.
Several courses including Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Economics and Political Science have already been approved by their respective departments for the four-year degree programme which will be implemented from this year.
The programme, with multiple degree options ranging from an associate baccalaureate in two years, will entail a shift from the present 10+2+3 scheme to a four-year graduation with multiple exit points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31