DU asks department heads to expedite restructuring process
Delhi University has asked heads of various departments to expedite the restructuring of undergraduate courses in the three-year format days after it had scrapped the controversial four-year programme.
New Delhi: Delhi University has asked heads of various departments to expedite the restructuring of undergraduate courses in the three-year format days after it had scrapped the controversial four-year programme.
The Assistant Registrar of DU yesterday instructed the concerned department heads to work in tandem with the Committee of Courses based on the recommendations made by the Committee of Principals which was formed by the university to advise on the restructuring.
Besides, all heads have been asked to take up the matter as "most urgent" and provide the Registrar with their recommendations on the restructuring of the programme by Saturday evening, an official statement said.
The Committee of Principals has, according to the letter, advised six-semester course. With the students having already completed one year (two semesters), four more semesters are required to be passed for B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ BMS Honours Courses.
DU on June 27 had announced scrapping of the controversial four-year undergraduate programme under pressure from UGC.
DU Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh had asked principals of various colleges affiliated to the varsity to start admissions for the new session, which are currently underway, under the three-year format.
The new session, according to the university norms, begins around the third week of July every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader