DU CATE results out, over 190 make score of 80
Delhi University declared the results of the much-touted common entrance test for admission to English (Hons).
New Delhi: Delhi University on Friday declared the results of the much-touted common entrance test for admission to English (Hons), with over 6500 aspirants making it to the merit list.
Over 12,000 students had appeared for the CATE that is the gateway for admission to over 20 colleges for the much sought after English (Hons) course.
A total of 6665 students made it to the merit list that is prepared by giving a weightage of 70 per cent to the test score and 30 per cent to the students` class XII score.
This year, as many as 192 students scored a consolidated average of 80 per cent in the CATE. Last year, less than 100 students had made a consolidated score of 80.
The participating colleges will now announce their cutoffs based on these consolidated scores of successful candidates on June 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown