DU CATE results out, over 190 make score of 80
Delhi University declared the results of the much-touted common entrance test for admission to English (Hons).
New Delhi: Delhi University on Friday declared the results of the much-touted common entrance test for admission to English (Hons), with over 6500 aspirants making it to the merit list.
Over 12,000 students had appeared for the CATE that is the gateway for admission to over 20 colleges for the much sought after English (Hons) course.
A total of 6665 students made it to the merit list that is prepared by giving a weightage of 70 per cent to the test score and 30 per cent to the students` class XII score.
This year, as many as 192 students scored a consolidated average of 80 per cent in the CATE. Last year, less than 100 students had made a consolidated score of 80.
The participating colleges will now announce their cutoffs based on these consolidated scores of successful candidates on June 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?