DU colleges come out with fifth cut off list
With admissions to general category largely closed, Delhi University colleges declared a fifth cut off on Monday but admissions were mostly open for the reserved category OBC category.
New Delhi: With admissions to general category largely closed, Delhi University colleges declared a fifth cut off on Monday but admissions were mostly open for the reserved category OBC category.
Though seats for the OBC category students were yet to be filled, the cut off was not brought down drastically as compared to the last list.
The University said that many of the colleges are to announce one more list with lower cut offs in various subjects.
In a surprise, however, admission to the popular B Com (hons) course was still open in Hindu college for general category at a cut off of 86. 75 to 88.75 per cent.
The course is still open for general category students in IP college, Jesus & Mary college as well as Kirorimal college.
Economics (hons) was also open in IP college and Kirorimal college, so was history at in colleges like Delhi college of Arts and Commerce, IP and Ramlal Anand colleges.
The cut off for OBC was cut down a few notches, but not drastically.
Hindu college brought down the cut off for OBCs by 0.5 percentage point only in B Com (hons), while Deshbandhu college cut it by 2 percentage points in Commerce and 1 percentage point in Economics.
Dyal Singh which closed admissions in the OBC category in Economics, saw the cut off percentage in Commerce for the reserved category coming down by 0.25 per cent.
A section of teachers has raised concerns over what they allege as violations in admissions of OBC students.
They have said colleges have not brought down the cut offs for OBC category by as much as required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’