DU colleges should give priority to Delhi students: Vijay Goel
BJP`s Delhi unit demanded that students passing from schools in the national capital should be given priority in admissions to DU-affiliated colleges.
Delhi: BJP`s Delhi unit on Friday demanded that students passing from schools in the national capital should be given priority in admissions to DU-affiliated colleges.
"Students in Delhi should be given first priority by the Delhi University Colleges, so that they don`t have to move out of the city for higher studies," Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel said here while addressing a meet of teachers from private schools of Delhi.
Students, mostly from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, come to Delhi for higher studies because of dearth of good colleges in those states, he said.
"Students from UP, Bihar come here because they don`t have good colleges like SRCC, Ramjas, Hindus or St Stephens. If colleges of such repute are opened there, then students from those states won`t flock to Delhi," he said, adding that no new colleges have come up in last 15 years.
Stressing the need for improvement in hostel facilities for outstation candidates, Goel said he would convey this to the Vice-Chancellor of Delhi University.
About the "inflated" power tariffs, Goel said, the Delhi Chief Minister has asked him what he could do to solve the problem of increased power tariffs.
"My answer to her was when mobile phones were launched in India more than a decade ago, its call rates were sky-high. But now, the rates have become cheaper.
This has happened because of stiff competition among the telecom operators. The same should happen with the power companies," he said.
Goel said that if BJP comes to power then the problem would be dealt seriously. "If we come to power in Delhi, we will come with full planning."
Referring to the problems faced by private schools in the national capital in terms of land, property tax, issuance of completion certificates from the municipal corporations, Goel said he will make sure all these problems are resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof