DU scraps academic performance indicator for hiring teachers
The Delhi University has informed teachers of colleges that the process of recruiting 4,000 teachers have been started and the Academic Performance Indicator (API) would not be a criteria in it, said an official statement Friday.
New Delhi: The Delhi University has informed teachers of colleges that the process of recruiting 4,000 teachers have been started and the Academic Performance Indicator (API) would not be a criteria in it, said an official statement Friday.
The API was a system introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under the minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges.
"There are no API scores for any selection committee at any level of appointment. The appointment, promotion of teachers at all levels shall be purely on the basis of performance at the interview. We wish to ensure that the process of recruitment is efficient, fast and fair," said the DU statement.
The varsity has also promised free laptops to the teachers which would be delivered by the last week of September.
In response to the protest that took place for the appointment of ad-hoc teachers, the varsity statement said it had been decided to count their service as ad hoc teachers both at the screening for interview and for promotion at the first level.
The administration also congratulated the teachers of creating history by implementing the four year undergraduate programme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged