DU`s VC and academic council not working with ego: Madhu Kishwar
Activist Madhu Kishwar on Friday said that Delhi University Vice Chancellor Dinesh Singh and Academic Council are not working with ego in the contentious case of the Four Year University Program.
New Delhi: Activist Madhu Kishwar on Friday said that Delhi University (DU) Vice Chancellor (VC) Dinesh Singh and Academic Council are not working with ego in the contentious case of the Four Year University Program (FYUP).
Kishwar said that University Grants Commission (UGC) had no right to ask for a rollback of FYUP.
She said, "There was no answer on what teachers and VC had proposed," adding, "Even a proposal put forth by many Vice Chancellors and senior academicians was rejected."
"All the ego issues were one-way. VC has not made any statement where it can be shown that he stubborn," she added.
She said, "In the first Academic Council `s meeting, a compromise formula was proposed. The formula is very easy and is of such nature that it will make everyone happy and even the autonomy of the university will not be destroyed and nor the courses will suffer a rollback. A rollback means that after this nobody will try to bring a change to the university."
Various protests across the city have taken place for the roll back of the FYUP, with some student union members going on a hunger strike and protesting outside VC`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight