CBSE Class 10 Results 2013 (Chennai region) declared
Mumbai: In a sudden move, the Central Board of Secondary Education declared class 10 results on Sunday night. 98.85% candidates appeared from Maharashtra have passed the exam, says the board in a press release.
Out of 29,540 candidates in the state, 30% candidates have opted for school based exam-an option provided by CBSE- while 70% took the board exam this year. The pass percentage of boys is 99.92% while 99.85 girls have passed the exam.
Over 99.88 % students have cleared the exam across the Chennai region which is constituted by Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Goa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep, Daman and Diu and Puducherry. Candidates of Goa, Lakshdweep and Puducherry’s performance was outstanding with 100% candidates clearing the exam. Over 2,338 schools in the Chennai region are affiliated with the CBSE of which 213 are Kendriya Vidyalay.
There was no prior information about the class 10 results. However, the board has announced on Friday that Class 12 results will be released on Monday at 10 am.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane