CBSE Class 10 Results 2013 (Chennai region) declared
Mumbai: In a sudden move, the Central Board of Secondary Education declared class 10 results on Sunday night. 98.85% candidates appeared from Maharashtra have passed the exam, says the board in a press release.
Out of 29,540 candidates in the state, 30% candidates have opted for school based exam-an option provided by CBSE- while 70% took the board exam this year. The pass percentage of boys is 99.92% while 99.85 girls have passed the exam.
Over 99.88 % students have cleared the exam across the Chennai region which is constituted by Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Goa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep, Daman and Diu and Puducherry. Candidates of Goa, Lakshdweep and Puducherry’s performance was outstanding with 100% candidates clearing the exam. Over 2,338 schools in the Chennai region are affiliated with the CBSE of which 213 are Kendriya Vidyalay.
There was no prior information about the class 10 results. However, the board has announced on Friday that Class 12 results will be released on Monday at 10 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details