CBSE Class 10 Results 2013 (Chennai region) declared
Mumbai: In a sudden move, the Central Board of Secondary Education declared class 10 results on Sunday night. 98.85% candidates appeared from Maharashtra have passed the exam, says the board in a press release.
Out of 29,540 candidates in the state, 30% candidates have opted for school based exam-an option provided by CBSE- while 70% took the board exam this year. The pass percentage of boys is 99.92% while 99.85 girls have passed the exam.
Over 99.88 % students have cleared the exam across the Chennai region which is constituted by Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Goa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep, Daman and Diu and Puducherry. Candidates of Goa, Lakshdweep and Puducherry’s performance was outstanding with 100% candidates clearing the exam. Over 2,338 schools in the Chennai region are affiliated with the CBSE of which 213 are Kendriya Vidyalay.
There was no prior information about the class 10 results. However, the board has announced on Friday that Class 12 results will be released on Monday at 10 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof