CBSE Class 10 Results 2013 (Chennai region) declared
Mumbai: In a sudden move, the Central Board of Secondary Education declared class 10 results on Sunday night. 98.85% candidates appeared from Maharashtra have passed the exam, says the board in a press release.
Out of 29,540 candidates in the state, 30% candidates have opted for school based exam-an option provided by CBSE- while 70% took the board exam this year. The pass percentage of boys is 99.92% while 99.85 girls have passed the exam.
Over 99.88 % students have cleared the exam across the Chennai region which is constituted by Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Goa, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshdweep, Daman and Diu and Puducherry. Candidates of Goa, Lakshdweep and Puducherry’s performance was outstanding with 100% candidates clearing the exam. Over 2,338 schools in the Chennai region are affiliated with the CBSE of which 213 are Kendriya Vidyalay.
There was no prior information about the class 10 results. However, the board has announced on Friday that Class 12 results will be released on Monday at 10 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?