ICSE, ISC results declared; girls outshine boys yet again
New Delhi: The Council of Indian Certificate for Secondary Education (CICSE) declared its class 10 (Indian Certificate for Secondary Education-ICSE) and class 12 (Indian School Certificate-ISC) examinations results on Friday.
Girl students have outshined boys this year too. Their pass percentage is 1% higher than boys in ICSE while in ISC it is 3% higher. Out of 1.4 lakh ICSE candidates this year, 98.2% have passed the exam. The results have shown a 0.42% decline this year as compared to the previous year.
In 2012, the overall pass percentage of class 10 was 98.67%. Out of 64,043 ISC candidates, 95.15% have passed the exam this year. The pass percentage has dropped by 2.1% as compared to 2012.
Girija Mohan, the principal of Jamnabai Narsee School in Vile Parle, blames this on removing of environmental studies subject from both classes. “The subject was compulsory and a high-scoring one. Sometimes students used to get 100% marks. As the subject was discontinued from this year, this could have resulted in the drop in pass percentage,” said Mohan.
Gerry Arathoon, the chief executive and secretary of the council, agreed. However, he said: “There has been a drop in pass percentage but not in students’ scores.”
The class 12 scores will now be counted for admission to IITs and drop in scores may affect their prospects. Arathoon said, “I don’t think that it is going to affect their prospects as the move has not affected the scoring pattern of candidates.”
The comparative data of 2012 and 2013 regarding students scoring above 90% couldn’t be obtained.
The performance of foreign students has surpassed Indian students. As per the figures provided by the council, foreign students of ICSE have shown 100% results. This year, 232 students appeared for the ICSE exam from four schools based in Indonesia, Singapore, Dubai and Saudi Arabia. In class 12 too, performance of 177 foreign students is better (98.3%) than the overall average (95.15%). There are 1,762 ICSE and 828 ISC schools affiliated to CICSE in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?