ICSE, ISC results declared; girls outshine boys yet again
New Delhi: The Council of Indian Certificate for Secondary Education (CICSE) declared its class 10 (Indian Certificate for Secondary Education-ICSE) and class 12 (Indian School Certificate-ISC) examinations results on Friday.
Girl students have outshined boys this year too. Their pass percentage is 1% higher than boys in ICSE while in ISC it is 3% higher. Out of 1.4 lakh ICSE candidates this year, 98.2% have passed the exam. The results have shown a 0.42% decline this year as compared to the previous year.
In 2012, the overall pass percentage of class 10 was 98.67%. Out of 64,043 ISC candidates, 95.15% have passed the exam this year. The pass percentage has dropped by 2.1% as compared to 2012.
Girija Mohan, the principal of Jamnabai Narsee School in Vile Parle, blames this on removing of environmental studies subject from both classes. “The subject was compulsory and a high-scoring one. Sometimes students used to get 100% marks. As the subject was discontinued from this year, this could have resulted in the drop in pass percentage,” said Mohan.
Gerry Arathoon, the chief executive and secretary of the council, agreed. However, he said: “There has been a drop in pass percentage but not in students’ scores.”
The class 12 scores will now be counted for admission to IITs and drop in scores may affect their prospects. Arathoon said, “I don’t think that it is going to affect their prospects as the move has not affected the scoring pattern of candidates.”
The comparative data of 2012 and 2013 regarding students scoring above 90% couldn’t be obtained.
The performance of foreign students has surpassed Indian students. As per the figures provided by the council, foreign students of ICSE have shown 100% results. This year, 232 students appeared for the ICSE exam from four schools based in Indonesia, Singapore, Dubai and Saudi Arabia. In class 12 too, performance of 177 foreign students is better (98.3%) than the overall average (95.15%). There are 1,762 ICSE and 828 ISC schools affiliated to CICSE in India and abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical