JEE (Main) Results 2013 declared
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) results 2013 were declared on May 7 (Tuesday). Conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, JEE (Main) 2013 scores will determine admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NIT) and the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT) and some deemed universities.
Candiates can check their scores on the website www.jeemain.nic.in. Class12 board marks will carry 40% weightage and JEE scores will carry 60% weightage for admissions.
The JEE (Main) scores are also an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which a candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines Dhanbad.
The 15 IITs which will provide admissions via JEE advanced are: IIT-Bhubaneshwar, IIT-Bombay, IIT-Delhi, IIT-Gandhinagar, IIT-Guwahati, IIT-Hyderabad, IIT-Indore, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Madras, IIT-Mandi, IIT-Patna, IIT-Rajasthan, IIT-Roorkee and IIT-Ropar.
The result will comprise the marks obtained in JEE (Main) along with the list of 1,50,000 candidates who qualify for JEE Advanced Exam for IITs. All eligible candidates for JEE (Advanced), scheduled for June 2, should register at http://jeeadvonline.iitd.ac.in/ or http://jeeadv.iitd.ac.in/ between May 8 and 13.
About 10.5 lakh students had sat for JEE (Main) - 9 lakh students opted for the pen-and-paper test while 1.5 lakh students took the online test.
In case of non-receipt of the rank card by post within the stipulated period, candidates may apply for duplicate rank card along with the payment of Rs. 50/- ( postal charges of Rs. 30/- for outstation candidates) through Demand Draft in favour of Secretary, CBSE, payable at Delhi/New Delhi between 01.08.2013 to 31.08.2013.
Zeenews.com wishes all students ‘Best of Luck’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?