‘Undue delay in results due to slackness of admn’
Madurai: Twenty four Post Graduate Nursing students of the Government Nursing College on Sunday alleged that the slackness of the administration had led to an undue delay in announcing their results.
They claimed that even the college Dean N Mohan was unaware of the reason for the delay until the directorate of Medical education told him the students` annual fee of Rs four lakh had not been paid to MGR Medical University.
The students said though they had paid the fee, the management had not paid it to the University, resulting in the latter withholding the results.
Meanwhile a professor of the college was deputed to pay the fee and the principal also came to chennai to ensure release of the results.
Officials said the government had delayed the grant for the college here and hence they could not pay the sufficient amount to the university for publication of results.
The Dean said results of many colleges had been withheld for non payment of annual fee to the University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days