‘Undue delay in results due to slackness of admn’
Madurai: Twenty four Post Graduate Nursing students of the Government Nursing College on Sunday alleged that the slackness of the administration had led to an undue delay in announcing their results.
They claimed that even the college Dean N Mohan was unaware of the reason for the delay until the directorate of Medical education told him the students` annual fee of Rs four lakh had not been paid to MGR Medical University.
The students said though they had paid the fee, the management had not paid it to the University, resulting in the latter withholding the results.
Meanwhile a professor of the college was deputed to pay the fee and the principal also came to chennai to ensure release of the results.
Officials said the government had delayed the grant for the college here and hence they could not pay the sufficient amount to the university for publication of results.
The Dean said results of many colleges had been withheld for non payment of annual fee to the University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt