‘Undue delay in results due to slackness of admn’
Madurai: Twenty four Post Graduate Nursing students of the Government Nursing College on Sunday alleged that the slackness of the administration had led to an undue delay in announcing their results.
They claimed that even the college Dean N Mohan was unaware of the reason for the delay until the directorate of Medical education told him the students` annual fee of Rs four lakh had not been paid to MGR Medical University.
The students said though they had paid the fee, the management had not paid it to the University, resulting in the latter withholding the results.
Meanwhile a professor of the college was deputed to pay the fee and the principal also came to chennai to ensure release of the results.
Officials said the government had delayed the grant for the college here and hence they could not pay the sufficient amount to the university for publication of results.
The Dean said results of many colleges had been withheld for non payment of annual fee to the University.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened