Former Vice Admiral DK Dewan appointed new UPSC member
Former Vice Chief of Naval Staff D K Dewan has been appointed a member of Union Public Service Commission.
New Delhi: Former Vice Chief of Naval Staff D K Dewan has been appointed a member of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Dewan was appointed on Monday for a period of six years or until he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier, a notification by the Ministry of Personnel said.
An alumnus of National Defence Academy (Pune), Dewan was commissioned in the Navy on July 1, 1973. He had held key appointments including the Chief of Personnel from July 2007 to July 2009 and the Vice Chief of Naval Staff from August 31, 2009 to Aug 31, 2011 during his 38-year-career.
Dewan is the eighth member in the Commission.
Besides him, Prashanta Kumar Mishra, Rajni Razdan, Dr Venkatarami Reddy Y, Alka Sirohi, Prof David R Syiemlieh, Manbir Singh and former CBI director Amar Pratap Singh are other members of the Commission.
The Commission, headed by Prof D P Agrawal, still has vacancy of two members, official sources said, adding that the posts are likely to be filled soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand