FYUP row: DU informs colleges about UGC orders
Delhi University on Monday issued a letter to all its colleges informing them about the two orders from the UGC asking it to conduct the admissions under three-year programme and not the four-year undergraduate programme.
New Delhi: Delhi University on Monday issued a letter to all its colleges informing them about the two orders from the UGC asking it to conduct the admissions under three-year programme and not the four-year undergraduate programme.
Copies of the June 21 and June 22 order of the University Grants Commission was also forwarded along with the letter, which was issued in Hindi.
Registrar Alka Sharma said she had been asked to forward the copies of these orders by the UGC to all colleges.
Sharma described the orders to be self-explanatory.
The copy of Registrar`s letter was also forwarded to UGC Director Vikram Sahai.
In its two orders, UGC had asked DU and all 64 colleges under it to conduct admission under the three-year under-graduate programme and not under the FYUP implemented by the university last year.
UGC has warned both DU as well as the colleges of "consequences" if they fail to implement its direction by this forenoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!